Each year thousands of women dream of opening businesses and having a better life.
There are few issues that are more urgent today than sustaining the U.S. economy. Small businesses play a huge part in our country’s economic well-being, since over the past two decades they’ve created 65% of net new jobs.
In the last 15 years, the number of women-owned businesses has increased by 59%─that’s 1½ times the national average! However, less than 3% of these businesses ever reach $1 million in revenues. Lack of access to credit and business skills training is the main reason so many women owned firms continue to operate as microbusinesses today.
The Women’s Venture Fund helps women businesses begin, grow and prosper.
- Served more than 17,000 clients since 1996
- Assisted more than 1,500 women with their credit needs
How can you help? We need funding to continue to help more women succeed. Help us to reach and serve more women by supporting one of our activities below:
- $120 can give someone one class for free
- $250 will pay for one women entrepreneur to attend a marketing course
- $500 will pay for a private advisory session with one business
- $1,000 can put one course online
- $3500 will help fund part of a loan to a small business
To make a donation by check, please make your check payable to “Women’s Venture Fund” and mail it with your return address to:
Women’s Venture Fund
154 Christopher Street,
New York, NY 10014
If you would prefer to make your donation via wire or by phone, please contact us for instructions.